Here’s another one of those paper samples… not my best, but I told myself I was gonna post everyone of them so here it is. A 200gsm Hahnemühle watercolor board this time (Echt-Bütten), totally okay paper but I liked the first one better. I painted over their logo this time, so that’s the little red rooster in the right corner, in case you were wondering. Also I need to get a little bit better at controlling my Inktense use, cause they kinda get stuck on the top bumps of the paper. There’s only one way to fix that, keep using them;)
Last month I got my hands on a bunch of small paper samples, and instead of doing my normal squiggly lines with a bunch of different drawing equipment I decided to do it properly. First one out is a sheet of Hahnemühle Britannia (300gsm), which is real nice. I’ve usually used 200gsm paper and the difference in paper crinkling was a whole lot more noticeable than I thought it would be. I have a whole pad of this waiting to be used, so that’s gonna be fun.
That’s Lady Tea Time, by the way, and it was a lot of fun making her hair filled with stuff. I definitely want to do something more outta her. I think that red eyed, tea begging ghostie might just be a shrink. Ouch, crackers at the boobs. That must be annoying, lets pretend they’re just funkily shaped lace.
A little work in progress, I’m planning on expanding it upwards;)
I finally bit the bullet and I’m now working on getting the old images back online. Can’t say it’s been the most fun I’ve ever had, but it has to be done. I’ve gotten about halfway through, so that’s it for me today… my head’s kinda fried.